The Most 'Satisfying' Smartphone Is.. - http://huff.to/1ce9O13
Wednesday, July 31, 2013
Understanding the World of Fine Wines via the History of Chateau Lafite Rothschild, the Most Famous Wine Estate of All, and even Thomas Jefferson Plays a Leading Role
Chateau Lafite Rothschild has the same standing in the wine world as St. Andrews in golf or Wimbledon in tennis.
Living in a winegrowing area has made us aware that a knowledge of the history of wine is absolutely essential to a better understanding of modern wine culture.
Wine has an exciting, storied past which even today exerts a powerful influence upon global markets.
A case in point is the history of the world's most famous wine estate, Chateau Lafite Rothschild, whose symbiotic connections to world affairs, politics and finance over past centuries -- and the significant participation of people such as Thomas Jefferson -- have greatly formed our planet's contemporary wine scene, regardless of the wine you may call your own.
When you enjoy a glass of wine from Chateau Lafite Rothschild, you are not simply imbibing a refreshment masterfully grown, made and bottled, but you are in a real sense "drinking history", the history that eventually led to a gigantic beverage culture and industry in our modern day.
See the History of Chateau Lafite Rothschild at the wine estate website.
There are reasons why "newer" wines, regardless of how good they are, have a hard time competing with traditional marks of excellence.
Only with such knowledge can one start to comprehend the aura that surrounds a "wine of significance". The "taste" is only the beginning.
Most Popular Posts All Time
- Samsung Digital Picture Frame 2006 is Clear Designer Prior Art to the Later "Design" of the iPhone and iPad
- How to Remove Disabled Greyed-Out Add-on Extensions in Firefox 4: e.g. the Microsoft .NET Framework Assistant (ClickOnce) Extension
- Week 1 2013 College Football FBS Game Predictions by SportPundit
- Legal Graphologists : A Query to You : What About the Christopher Marlowe - William Shakespeare - Controversy and The Signatures of These Two Authors? Are They By the Same Hand?
- PONG ! About that Ridiculously Granted Bounce-Back Scrolling Patent US 7469381 Which Is Anticipated by the Prior Art and Obviousness of the Old Atari Game of PONG
- Speaking of Mouse Trap Economics, What About that Yarn that Patents Stimulate Invention: Les Earnest Testifies Before the USPTO
- 2011 Preseason College Football Rankings
- "The Adobe Flash plugin has crashed" in Mozilla Firefox - A Solution for this Vexing Problem
- Oil & Gas Cartels and American Inertia on Energy Issues : Major Culprits for the Current Economic Situation in the World?