Saturday, March 31, 2012
Stanford Law School Dean Larry Kramer to Replace former Dean Paul Brest as President of the William and Flora Hewlett Foundation Starting September 1, 2012
Stanford Law School is on the market for a new dean
as a Stanford News Release reports that
Dean Larry Kramer to leave Stanford Law School to lead Hewlett Foundation.
See also the William and Flora Hewlett Foundation at
Hewlett Foundation Selects Larry Kramer as Next President
This news should not be wrongly interpreted as Kramer foresaking Stanford.
Rather, Kramer (Stanford Law School Dean from 2004 to 2012) is replacing Paul Brest, who has not only served as Hewlett Foundation President since 2000, but who was also the Stanford Law School Dean, 1987-1999, prior to Hewlett.
Under the motto "never change a winning a team" the Hewlett Foundation is obviously following a Presidential viz. precedential pattern of success.
Similarly, one can expect Stanford Law School to select a new Dean with credentials comparable to those of Brest and Kramer.
Posted by Andis Kaulins at 3/31/2012 03:56:00 PM
CBS News has an interesting Congressionally scathing take on the oral arguments regarding the Affordable Care Act at Congress gets rough treatment at Supreme Court.
Posted by Andis Kaulins at 3/31/2012 03:24:00 PM
File Downloads and Theft Law in the Digital Age: Stealing is Not the Right Term for Downloading Copyright-Protected Material
Stuart P. Green, Rutgers Law School prof and author of 13 Ways to Steal a Bicycle: Theft Law in the Information Age (publication forthcoming) reports at the New York Times on controversial 'Theft' Law in the 21st Century.
Green -- in our opinion correctly -- writes inter alia as follows:
Read the whole thing here."[F]raming illegal downloading as a form of stealing doesn’t, and probably never will, work. We would do better to consider a range of legal concepts that fit the problem more appropriately: concepts like unauthorized use, trespass, conversion and misappropriation."
Posted by Andis Kaulins at 3/31/2012 03:06:00 PM
Most Popular Posts All Time
- Samsung Digital Picture Frame 2006 is Clear Designer Prior Art to the Later "Design" of the iPhone and iPad
- How to Remove Disabled Greyed-Out Add-on Extensions in Firefox 4: e.g. the Microsoft .NET Framework Assistant (ClickOnce) Extension
- Week 1 2013 College Football FBS Game Predictions by SportPundit
- Legal Graphologists : A Query to You : What About the Christopher Marlowe - William Shakespeare - Controversy and The Signatures of These Two Authors? Are They By the Same Hand?
- PONG ! About that Ridiculously Granted Bounce-Back Scrolling Patent US 7469381 Which Is Anticipated by the Prior Art and Obviousness of the Old Atari Game of PONG
- Speaking of Mouse Trap Economics, What About that Yarn that Patents Stimulate Invention: Les Earnest Testifies Before the USPTO
- 2011 Preseason College Football Rankings
- "The Adobe Flash plugin has crashed" in Mozilla Firefox - A Solution for this Vexing Problem
- Oil & Gas Cartels and American Inertia on Energy Issues : Major Culprits for the Current Economic Situation in the World?
The ISandIS Network
Our Websites and Blogs: 3D Printing and More 99 is not 100 Aabecis AK Photo Blog Ancient Egypt Weblog Ancient Signs (the book) Ancient World Blog AndisKaulins.com Anthropomorphic Design Archaeology Travel Photos (blog) Archaeology Travel Photos (Flickr) Archaeo Pundit Arts Pundit Astrology and Birth Baltic Coachman Bible Pundit Biotechnology Pundit Book Pundit Chronology of the Ancient World Computer Pundit DVD Pundit Easter Island Script Echolat edu.edu Einstein’s Voice Energy Environment and Climate Blog Etruscan Bronze Liver of Piacenza EU Laws EU Legal EU Pundit FaceBook Pundit Gadget Pundit Garden Pundit Golf Pundit Google Pundit Gourmet Pundit Hand Proof HousePundit Human Migrations Idea Pundit Illyrian Language Indus Valley Script Infinity One : The Secret of the First Disk (the game) Jostandis Journal Pundit Kaulins Genealogy Blog Kaulinsium Kiel & Kieler Latvian Blog LawPundit.com Law Pundit Blog LexiLine.com LexiLine Group Lexiline Journal Library Pundit Lingwhizt LinkedIn Literary Pundit Magnifichess Make it Music Maps and Cartography Megalithic World Megaliths Blog) Megaliths.net Minoan Culture Mutatis Mutandis Nanotech Pundit Nostratic Languages Official Pundit Phaistos Disc Pharaonic Hieroglyphs Photo Blog of the World Pinterest Prehistoric Art Pundit Private Wealth Blog PunditMania Quanticalian Quick to Travel Quill Pundit Road Pundit Shelfari SlideShare (akaulins) Sport Pundit Star Pundit Stars Stones and Scholars (blog) Stars Stones and Scholars (book) Stonehenge Pundit The Enchanted Glass Twitter Pundit UbiquitousPundit Vision of Change VoicePundit WatchPundit Wine Pundit Word Pundit xistmz YahooPundit zistmz