Monday, December 19, 2011
Anne Ellis reports at the ABA Journal
What Technology Is Your Law Librarian Thinking About This Season?.
Posted by Andis Kaulins at 12/19/2011 12:10:00 PM
Jonathan H. Adler has a short report at the Volokh Conspiracy on Gingrich on Judicial Review.
What Gingrich is advocating is legal heresy, but the man knows how to get votes, pointing to selected -- in our opinion sometimes disastrous -- U.S. Supreme Court decisions where frankly, we often agree with Gingrich about judicial overreach and judges "defining America" contrary to the wishes of the people.
The courts -- as we see in the patent arena -- have lost their contact to reality, and definitely need to be cut down to size.
At the same time, not to forget, it is also high time to get all those pretending non-lawyers out of Congress who do not comprehend the legal system and who are elected to make laws, because that is the job of legislators. Let them first study their discipline, before they exercise it.
Hat tip to the Wall Street Journal (subscription required), where Jess Bravin and Neil King Jr. write that Gingrich Takes Aim at Legal System.
Posted by Andis Kaulins at 12/19/2011 10:03:00 AM
We are beginning to enjoy "patent madness" in view a posting at FOSS Patents titled Samsung hits Apple with four new patents in Germany but backtracks on the iPhone 4S.
We have been writing about the inadequacies and failings of the world patent system for years and our words have been falling mostly on deaf ears.
Now the recalcitrant legal systems of the world are getting what they deserve -- absolute patent chaos.
Of course, the lawyers are thrilled to have work, and the judges feel important in now being the main cogs in the marketing chain, rather than the market system, as courts now decide which products go on the market and when.
If we were advising a young person going into law today what they should study as a specialty, we would advise, PATENT LAW. It is a ludicrously productive gold mine that will get even bigger and more profitable as more and more tech patents are granted by the clueless patent offices and as more and more courts smell the path to glory.
Posted by Andis Kaulins at 12/19/2011 09:42:00 AM
Most Popular Posts All Time
- Samsung Digital Picture Frame 2006 is Clear Designer Prior Art to the Later "Design" of the iPhone and iPad
- How to Remove Disabled Greyed-Out Add-on Extensions in Firefox 4: e.g. the Microsoft .NET Framework Assistant (ClickOnce) Extension
- Week 1 2013 College Football FBS Game Predictions by SportPundit
- Legal Graphologists : A Query to You : What About the Christopher Marlowe - William Shakespeare - Controversy and The Signatures of These Two Authors? Are They By the Same Hand?
- PONG ! About that Ridiculously Granted Bounce-Back Scrolling Patent US 7469381 Which Is Anticipated by the Prior Art and Obviousness of the Old Atari Game of PONG
- Speaking of Mouse Trap Economics, What About that Yarn that Patents Stimulate Invention: Les Earnest Testifies Before the USPTO
- 2011 Preseason College Football Rankings
- "The Adobe Flash plugin has crashed" in Mozilla Firefox - A Solution for this Vexing Problem
- Oil & Gas Cartels and American Inertia on Energy Issues : Major Culprits for the Current Economic Situation in the World?
The ISandIS Network
Our Websites and Blogs: 3D Printing and More 99 is not 100 Aabecis AK Photo Blog Ancient Egypt Weblog Ancient Signs (the book) Ancient World Blog AndisKaulins.com Anthropomorphic Design Archaeology Travel Photos (blog) Archaeology Travel Photos (Flickr) Archaeo Pundit Arts Pundit Astrology and Birth Baltic Coachman Bible Pundit Biotechnology Pundit Book Pundit Chronology of the Ancient World Computer Pundit DVD Pundit Easter Island Script Echolat edu.edu Einstein’s Voice Energy Environment and Climate Blog Etruscan Bronze Liver of Piacenza EU Laws EU Legal EU Pundit FaceBook Pundit Gadget Pundit Garden Pundit Golf Pundit Google Pundit Gourmet Pundit Hand Proof HousePundit Human Migrations Idea Pundit Illyrian Language Indus Valley Script Infinity One : The Secret of the First Disk (the game) Jostandis Journal Pundit Kaulins Genealogy Blog Kaulinsium Kiel & Kieler Latvian Blog LawPundit.com Law Pundit Blog LexiLine.com LexiLine Group Lexiline Journal Library Pundit Lingwhizt LinkedIn Literary Pundit Magnifichess Make it Music Maps and Cartography Megalithic World Megaliths Blog) Megaliths.net Minoan Culture Mutatis Mutandis Nanotech Pundit Nostratic Languages Official Pundit Phaistos Disc Pharaonic Hieroglyphs Photo Blog of the World Pinterest Prehistoric Art Pundit Private Wealth Blog PunditMania Quanticalian Quick to Travel Quill Pundit Road Pundit Shelfari SlideShare (akaulins) Sport Pundit Star Pundit Stars Stones and Scholars (blog) Stars Stones and Scholars (book) Stonehenge Pundit The Enchanted Glass Twitter Pundit UbiquitousPundit Vision of Change VoicePundit WatchPundit Wine Pundit Word Pundit xistmz YahooPundit zistmz