FoxNews.com reports that the "Health Care Bill Could Face String of Legal Challenges"
FOXNews.com - Health Care Bill Could Face String of Legal Challenges
The U.S. Republican Party in their handling of national health care reform has shown itself to be about 64 years behind the times. The operative date for that timeline is the end of World War II, at which time much of Europe was in ruins at the same time that America was prospering as the venue of the victorious.
What has happened in the intervening period up to the present time is a tragic story showing the decline of the United States in many respects to the status of a 3rd world developing country, whereas Europe has emerged as the world leader on many fronts, especially in national health care.
Many people in Europe view the grand old GOP in the USA as just that - old and outdated, and totally out of tune with the reality of the times.
Wednesday, December 23, 2009
Posted by Andis Kaulins at 12/23/2009 11:03:00 PM
HEALTH LAW : National Health Bill Clears 3 Steps in Senate - Final Vote reportedly forthcoming on Thursday, Christmas Eve, to the Ire of the Scrooges
David M. Herszenhorn and Robert Pear report at the New York Times that Parties Stay United as Health Bill Clears Steps in Senate, writing that:
"The Senate voted 60 to 39 early Tuesday on three steps leading up to a final vote Thursday morning on sweeping health care legislation."We can only hope that this health care legislation will be passed, as the current health care situation in the United States is a national scandal. As written at the Baltimore Sun:
"Today, there are at least 43.6 million Americans without health insurance of any kind. It is a number that has been growing for years as health care has grown increasingly unaffordable, not only for individuals but also for small businesses who employ them. These ... people often end up getting medical treatment in the most expensive and inefficient way possible, the hospital emergency room, and their families generally live just one health crisis away from financial ruin. We are a nation with the most expensive health care system but far from the most effective one. By most any common measure from longevity to infant mortality, the U.S. lags shockingly behind much of the rest of the industrialized world."
Posted by Andis Kaulins at 12/23/2009 10:50:00 PM
Most Popular Posts All Time
- Samsung Digital Picture Frame 2006 is Clear Designer Prior Art to the Later "Design" of the iPhone and iPad
- How to Remove Disabled Greyed-Out Add-on Extensions in Firefox 4: e.g. the Microsoft .NET Framework Assistant (ClickOnce) Extension
- Week 1 2013 College Football FBS Game Predictions by SportPundit
- Legal Graphologists : A Query to You : What About the Christopher Marlowe - William Shakespeare - Controversy and The Signatures of These Two Authors? Are They By the Same Hand?
- PONG ! About that Ridiculously Granted Bounce-Back Scrolling Patent US 7469381 Which Is Anticipated by the Prior Art and Obviousness of the Old Atari Game of PONG
- Speaking of Mouse Trap Economics, What About that Yarn that Patents Stimulate Invention: Les Earnest Testifies Before the USPTO
- 2011 Preseason College Football Rankings
- "The Adobe Flash plugin has crashed" in Mozilla Firefox - A Solution for this Vexing Problem
- Oil & Gas Cartels and American Inertia on Energy Issues : Major Culprits for the Current Economic Situation in the World?
The ISandIS Network
Our Websites and Blogs: 3D Printing and More 99 is not 100 Aabecis AK Photo Blog Ancient Egypt Weblog Ancient Signs (the book) Ancient World Blog AndisKaulins.com Anthropomorphic Design Archaeology Travel Photos (blog) Archaeology Travel Photos (Flickr) Archaeo Pundit Arts Pundit Astrology and Birth Baltic Coachman Bible Pundit Biotechnology Pundit Book Pundit Chronology of the Ancient World Computer Pundit DVD Pundit Easter Island Script Echolat edu.edu Einstein’s Voice Energy Environment and Climate Blog Etruscan Bronze Liver of Piacenza EU Laws EU Legal EU Pundit FaceBook Pundit Gadget Pundit Garden Pundit Golf Pundit Google Pundit Gourmet Pundit Hand Proof HousePundit Human Migrations Idea Pundit Illyrian Language Indus Valley Script Infinity One : The Secret of the First Disk (the game) Jostandis Journal Pundit Kaulins Genealogy Blog Kaulinsium Kiel & Kieler Latvian Blog LawPundit.com Law Pundit Blog LexiLine.com LexiLine Group Lexiline Journal Library Pundit Lingwhizt LinkedIn Literary Pundit Magnifichess Make it Music Maps and Cartography Megalithic World Megaliths Blog) Megaliths.net Minoan Culture Mutatis Mutandis Nanotech Pundit Nostratic Languages Official Pundit Phaistos Disc Pharaonic Hieroglyphs Photo Blog of the World Pinterest Prehistoric Art Pundit Private Wealth Blog PunditMania Quanticalian Quick to Travel Quill Pundit Road Pundit Shelfari SlideShare (akaulins) Sport Pundit Star Pundit Stars Stones and Scholars (blog) Stars Stones and Scholars (book) Stonehenge Pundit The Enchanted Glass Twitter Pundit UbiquitousPundit Vision of Change VoicePundit WatchPundit Wine Pundit Word Pundit xistmz YahooPundit zistmz