Media Law at the Guardian
Mediaguardian.co.uk is the Guardian's media news site, including its Media Law site (free registration required). For example, a recent November 1, 2004 article there by Charles Boundy, group legal director of Random House and partner at Fladgate Fielder, writes about the actual publishers' problem of publishing photos (e.g. of celebrities or politicians) which include children. The article is entitled "The age of enlightenment: When is a child responsible enough to agree to their photo being taken?". Boundy presents an important legal issue in the modern internet age, at a time when photography albums of all kinds are being posted to the internet.
What about the related issue of privacy law? As written by Ciar Byrne in "Government rejects call for privacy law":
The right to a private life is enshrined in article eight of the Human Rights Act. However, separate privacy legislation does not currently exist in English law.
Another example of a law article at the Guardian's Media Law is the October 11, 2004 "No hiding place for pirates" by Andrew Hobson, head of IP (intellectual property) at the law firm Reynolds Porter Chamberlain, who discusses how "the British music industry is to clamp down on illegal file swappers" and what "legal routes ... could be pursued".
Most Popular Posts All Time
- Samsung Digital Picture Frame 2006 is Clear Designer Prior Art to the Later "Design" of the iPhone and iPad
- How to Remove Disabled Greyed-Out Add-on Extensions in Firefox 4: e.g. the Microsoft .NET Framework Assistant (ClickOnce) Extension
- Week 1 2013 College Football FBS Game Predictions by SportPundit
- Legal Graphologists : A Query to You : What About the Christopher Marlowe - William Shakespeare - Controversy and The Signatures of These Two Authors? Are They By the Same Hand?
- PONG ! About that Ridiculously Granted Bounce-Back Scrolling Patent US 7469381 Which Is Anticipated by the Prior Art and Obviousness of the Old Atari Game of PONG
- Speaking of Mouse Trap Economics, What About that Yarn that Patents Stimulate Invention: Les Earnest Testifies Before the USPTO
- 2011 Preseason College Football Rankings
- "The Adobe Flash plugin has crashed" in Mozilla Firefox - A Solution for this Vexing Problem
- Oil & Gas Cartels and American Inertia on Energy Issues : Major Culprits for the Current Economic Situation in the World?
The ISandIS Network
Our Websites and Blogs: 3D Printing and More 99 is not 100 Aabecis AK Photo Blog Ancient Egypt Weblog Ancient Signs (the book) Ancient World Blog AndisKaulins.com Anthropomorphic Design Archaeology Travel Photos (blog) Archaeology Travel Photos (Flickr) Archaeo Pundit Arts Pundit Astrology and Birth Baltic Coachman Bible Pundit Biotechnology Pundit Book Pundit Chronology of the Ancient World Computer Pundit DVD Pundit Easter Island Script Echolat edu.edu Einstein’s Voice Energy Environment and Climate Blog Etruscan Bronze Liver of Piacenza EU Laws EU Legal EU Pundit FaceBook Pundit Gadget Pundit Garden Pundit Golf Pundit Google Pundit Gourmet Pundit Hand Proof HousePundit Human Migrations Idea Pundit Illyrian Language Indus Valley Script Infinity One : The Secret of the First Disk (the game) Jostandis Journal Pundit Kaulins Genealogy Blog Kaulinsium Kiel & Kieler Latvian Blog LawPundit.com Law Pundit Blog LexiLine.com LexiLine Group Lexiline Journal Library Pundit Lingwhizt LinkedIn Literary Pundit Magnifichess Make it Music Maps and Cartography Megalithic World Megaliths Blog) Megaliths.net Minoan Culture Mutatis Mutandis Nanotech Pundit Nostratic Languages Official Pundit Phaistos Disc Pharaonic Hieroglyphs Photo Blog of the World Pinterest Prehistoric Art Pundit Private Wealth Blog PunditMania Quanticalian Quick to Travel Quill Pundit Road Pundit Shelfari SlideShare (akaulins) Sport Pundit Star Pundit Stars Stones and Scholars (blog) Stars Stones and Scholars (book) Stonehenge Pundit The Enchanted Glass Twitter Pundit UbiquitousPundit Vision of Change VoicePundit WatchPundit Wine Pundit Word Pundit xistmz YahooPundit zistmz