"Where there is no vision, the people perish: but he that keepeth the law, happy is he."
-- Proverbs 29:18, King James Bible (KJV)

Friday, March 27, 2020

U.S. Coronavirus Bill Largest Relief Deal Ever: Paul Krugman Tweets "Not perfect but pretty good"

The Coronavirus Bill is in focus at "The New York Times" in
It’s the Largest Relief Deal in U.S. History. Is It Enough?
an article by Spencer Bokat-Lindell,
quoting tweets, among others, from Paul Krugman.

If Paul Krugman supports the bill,
and economics IS after all the Nobel Prize winner's specialty
where he is often right in his analysis
(while however too often erring on political topics),
then Congress AND Trump have pulled off a winner:
"not perfect, but pretty good".

Krugman tweets:

"From the description — will need to see details — this bill looks not perfect but pretty good. Lots of aid to afflicted families and small businesses, incentives to maintain wages, not too much trickle-down nonsense 1/ https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/25/us/politics/coronavirus-senate-deal.html?action=click&module=Spotlight&pgtype=Homepage … "

Krugman tweets again:

"I'd say that it's about 75% a Democratic disaster-relief bill, with the other 25% a much more constrained Republican slush fund than we feared. It's light-years better than the things Trump was talking about just a few days ago."

Is the Coronavirus Bill a sign
that common sense is returning to Washington D.C. ?