As reported by Debra Cassens Weiss at the ABA Journal, the Federal Circuit has needlessly "revived" an infamous' patent dispute involving online map searches for real estate by requiring the trial court to review the case pursuant to the Federal Circuit's absurd decision in Akamai Technologies, Inc. v. Limelight Networks, Inc., perhaps one of the worst legal decisions ever to issue from a US court of law, virtually extending patent law into the realms of criminal conspiracy and inventing a ludicrous legal theory of communal patent infringement by multiple parties.
The Federal Circuit on the whole remains a tragic experiment of American law and jurisprudence, showing that a so-called "patent" court filled with allegedly technologically schooled judges is no substitute for a "real" court of law manned by people who understand "the law", whatever their failings in technological expertise.
And just as an aside: "real estate" has been divided into "plots" of land ever since the earliest days of human civilization. Real estate is geographic and cartographic by definition. "Real estate" has been found by maps of some sort ever since "real property" was invented.
For anyone to claim to have invented "searching" for real estate via a map and for the USPTO and courts to fail to find this obvious and anticipated by prior art is simply incredible.
We have a patent system currently in the hands of the clueless, especially in terms of many of the judges on the Federal Circuit.
The Akamai case is one more glaring example of that.
We repeat our legislative suggestion to Congress that the Federal Circuit be disbanded and that all patent cases be placed in the jurisdiction of normal courts of law.
Tuesday, March 12, 2013
Most Popular Posts All Time
- Samsung Digital Picture Frame 2006 is Clear Designer Prior Art to the Later "Design" of the iPhone and iPad
- How to Remove Disabled Greyed-Out Add-on Extensions in Firefox 4: e.g. the Microsoft .NET Framework Assistant (ClickOnce) Extension
- Week 1 2013 College Football FBS Game Predictions by SportPundit
- Legal Graphologists : A Query to You : What About the Christopher Marlowe - William Shakespeare - Controversy and The Signatures of These Two Authors? Are They By the Same Hand?
- PONG ! About that Ridiculously Granted Bounce-Back Scrolling Patent US 7469381 Which Is Anticipated by the Prior Art and Obviousness of the Old Atari Game of PONG
- Speaking of Mouse Trap Economics, What About that Yarn that Patents Stimulate Invention: Les Earnest Testifies Before the USPTO
- 2011 Preseason College Football Rankings
- "The Adobe Flash plugin has crashed" in Mozilla Firefox - A Solution for this Vexing Problem
- Oil & Gas Cartels and American Inertia on Energy Issues : Major Culprits for the Current Economic Situation in the World?
The ISandIS Network
Our Websites and Blogs: 3D Printing and More 99 is not 100 Aabecis AK Photo Blog Ancient Egypt Weblog Ancient Signs (the book) Ancient World Blog AndisKaulins.com Anthropomorphic Design Archaeology Travel Photos (blog) Archaeology Travel Photos (Flickr) Archaeo Pundit Arts Pundit Astrology and Birth Baltic Coachman Bible Pundit Biotechnology Pundit Book Pundit Chronology of the Ancient World Computer Pundit DVD Pundit Easter Island Script Echolat edu.edu Einstein’s Voice Energy Environment and Climate Blog Etruscan Bronze Liver of Piacenza EU Laws EU Legal EU Pundit FaceBook Pundit Gadget Pundit Garden Pundit Golf Pundit Google Pundit Gourmet Pundit Hand Proof HousePundit Human Migrations Idea Pundit Illyrian Language Indus Valley Script Infinity One : The Secret of the First Disk (the game) Jostandis Journal Pundit Kaulins Genealogy Blog Kaulinsium Kiel & Kieler Latvian Blog LawPundit.com Law Pundit Blog LexiLine.com LexiLine Group Lexiline Journal Library Pundit Lingwhizt LinkedIn Literary Pundit Magnifichess Make it Music Maps and Cartography Megalithic World Megaliths Blog) Megaliths.net Minoan Culture Mutatis Mutandis Nanotech Pundit Nostratic Languages Official Pundit Phaistos Disc Pharaonic Hieroglyphs Photo Blog of the World Pinterest Prehistoric Art Pundit Private Wealth Blog PunditMania Quanticalian Quick to Travel Quill Pundit Road Pundit Shelfari SlideShare (akaulins) Sport Pundit Star Pundit Stars Stones and Scholars (blog) Stars Stones and Scholars (book) Stonehenge Pundit The Enchanted Glass Twitter Pundit UbiquitousPundit Vision of Change VoicePundit WatchPundit Wine Pundit Word Pundit xistmz YahooPundit zistmz