Joe Mullin has the story at ars technica in Patent trolls want $1,000—for using scanners.
Once again, we call upon our traveling, "originalist"-lecturing, book-selling U.S. Supreme Justice Scalia. See Fifty Shades of Scalia.
Justice Scalia, as a Justice on the highest court of the land, a position which imbues you not only with celebrity lecture-touring privileges but, hear, hear, also with JUDICIAL responsibilities, we would like you to tell us what Thomas Jefferson would have thought about scanning and patents, especially in the case of patent trolls who are demanding patent-based money from people for engaging in scanning a document and e-mailing it as a .pdf, which they claim to be THEIR patented "process". You might try reading the above links to obtain a background of information.
As a matter of your current PROFESSION, WE think the Justices on the Supreme Court have the CONSTITUTIONAL responsibility to clear up the current patent mess to the degree that their judicial jurisdiction permits.
So, Justice Scalia, please tell us what good old Thomas Jefferson would have said about this patent troll scanning scam, and better, please also tell us why YOU have a better line to good old TJ than anyone else.
We have nothing against originalists, mind you, but beyond "holding seances with the departed" to obtain their "original" views on actual topics, actually divining them with respect to modern legal issues is a bit of pot luck, isn't it?
We have an acquaintance who recently seanced with TJ -- we ourselves do not believe in such things, but then again, we are not on the Supreme Court -- and he adamantly said that TJ had stated unequivocally that in his day MAILING was not a patented process.
What sayest thou, Justice Scalia, about that bit of "originalist" evidence?
Or are we using the wrong "divining rod"?
Thursday, January 10, 2013
Patent Troll Scanner Cases Lead Harvard Berkman's Zittrain to tweet: "Almost makes you think that some elements of the patent system could stand for reform": But what sayeth Scalia?
Posted by Andis Kaulins at 1/10/2013 11:10:00 AM
Most Popular Posts All Time
- Samsung Digital Picture Frame 2006 is Clear Designer Prior Art to the Later "Design" of the iPhone and iPad
- How to Remove Disabled Greyed-Out Add-on Extensions in Firefox 4: e.g. the Microsoft .NET Framework Assistant (ClickOnce) Extension
- Week 1 2013 College Football FBS Game Predictions by SportPundit
- Legal Graphologists : A Query to You : What About the Christopher Marlowe - William Shakespeare - Controversy and The Signatures of These Two Authors? Are They By the Same Hand?
- PONG ! About that Ridiculously Granted Bounce-Back Scrolling Patent US 7469381 Which Is Anticipated by the Prior Art and Obviousness of the Old Atari Game of PONG
- Speaking of Mouse Trap Economics, What About that Yarn that Patents Stimulate Invention: Les Earnest Testifies Before the USPTO
- 2011 Preseason College Football Rankings
- "The Adobe Flash plugin has crashed" in Mozilla Firefox - A Solution for this Vexing Problem
- Oil & Gas Cartels and American Inertia on Energy Issues : Major Culprits for the Current Economic Situation in the World?
The ISandIS Network
Our Websites and Blogs: 3D Printing and More 99 is not 100 Aabecis AK Photo Blog Ancient Egypt Weblog Ancient Signs (the book) Ancient World Blog AndisKaulins.com Anthropomorphic Design Archaeology Travel Photos (blog) Archaeology Travel Photos (Flickr) Archaeo Pundit Arts Pundit Astrology and Birth Baltic Coachman Bible Pundit Biotechnology Pundit Book Pundit Chronology of the Ancient World Computer Pundit DVD Pundit Easter Island Script Echolat edu.edu Einstein’s Voice Energy Environment and Climate Blog Etruscan Bronze Liver of Piacenza EU Laws EU Legal EU Pundit FaceBook Pundit Gadget Pundit Garden Pundit Golf Pundit Google Pundit Gourmet Pundit Hand Proof HousePundit Human Migrations Idea Pundit Illyrian Language Indus Valley Script Infinity One : The Secret of the First Disk (the game) Jostandis Journal Pundit Kaulins Genealogy Blog Kaulinsium Kiel & Kieler Latvian Blog LawPundit.com Law Pundit Blog LexiLine.com LexiLine Group Lexiline Journal Library Pundit Lingwhizt LinkedIn Literary Pundit Magnifichess Make it Music Maps and Cartography Megalithic World Megaliths Blog) Megaliths.net Minoan Culture Mutatis Mutandis Nanotech Pundit Nostratic Languages Official Pundit Phaistos Disc Pharaonic Hieroglyphs Photo Blog of the World Pinterest Prehistoric Art Pundit Private Wealth Blog PunditMania Quanticalian Quick to Travel Quill Pundit Road Pundit Shelfari SlideShare (akaulins) Sport Pundit Star Pundit Stars Stones and Scholars (blog) Stars Stones and Scholars (book) Stonehenge Pundit The Enchanted Glass Twitter Pundit UbiquitousPundit Vision of Change VoicePundit WatchPundit Wine Pundit Word Pundit xistmz YahooPundit zistmz