We do not rant and rave at LawPundit for nothing about the sheer idiocy of some of the legal landscape, and this includes sports law.
Hear, hear, sponsors. We turned the TV off after the ruling in the Lions-Houston game that awarded an 81-yard touchdown to a run by Justin Forsett that was clearly not one, as Forsett's knee and elbow were both clearly down after about 5 yards.
Scoring plays are automatically reviewed but the Detroit head coach in a fit of emotion threw the challenge flag, which was totally understandable, but NFL rules -- apparently drawn up by people far from the madding crowd -- provide that throwing the challenge flag on a scoring play negates the review and also gets an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty. Penalty OK, but granting touchdowns that were never made is idiotic beyond description.
So you make a 5-yard gain a faked 81-yard TD because the clueless officials did not blow the whistle and the coach was up in arms? If I were a coach in the NFL, I would now instruct all of my ball-carrying players to get up after any downing and run for the TD and see what happens thereafter. It won't hurt and you might even get a free score via bad officiating. Just keep running. This might extend the length of games by hours, but it would be fun to see what the league would do about that.
We seldom watch TV, except for sports, documentaries and news, and we definitely do not watch TV to get angry about the repeated injustices of this world being OK'd by egregiously flawed legal and rules systems, the NFL included.
See the Huffington Post at
Texans Edge Lions, 34-31, In OT: Houston Benefits From Controversial Touchdown.
Crossposted from SportPundit.
Friday, November 23, 2012
Most Popular Posts All Time
- Samsung Digital Picture Frame 2006 is Clear Designer Prior Art to the Later "Design" of the iPhone and iPad
- How to Remove Disabled Greyed-Out Add-on Extensions in Firefox 4: e.g. the Microsoft .NET Framework Assistant (ClickOnce) Extension
- Week 1 2013 College Football FBS Game Predictions by SportPundit
- Legal Graphologists : A Query to You : What About the Christopher Marlowe - William Shakespeare - Controversy and The Signatures of These Two Authors? Are They By the Same Hand?
- PONG ! About that Ridiculously Granted Bounce-Back Scrolling Patent US 7469381 Which Is Anticipated by the Prior Art and Obviousness of the Old Atari Game of PONG
- Speaking of Mouse Trap Economics, What About that Yarn that Patents Stimulate Invention: Les Earnest Testifies Before the USPTO
- 2011 Preseason College Football Rankings
- "The Adobe Flash plugin has crashed" in Mozilla Firefox - A Solution for this Vexing Problem
- Oil & Gas Cartels and American Inertia on Energy Issues : Major Culprits for the Current Economic Situation in the World?
The ISandIS Network
Our Websites and Blogs: 3D Printing and More 99 is not 100 Aabecis AK Photo Blog Ancient Egypt Weblog Ancient Signs (the book) Ancient World Blog AndisKaulins.com Anthropomorphic Design Archaeology Travel Photos (blog) Archaeology Travel Photos (Flickr) Archaeo Pundit Arts Pundit Astrology and Birth Baltic Coachman Bible Pundit Biotechnology Pundit Book Pundit Chronology of the Ancient World Computer Pundit DVD Pundit Easter Island Script Echolat edu.edu Einstein’s Voice Energy Environment and Climate Blog Etruscan Bronze Liver of Piacenza EU Laws EU Legal EU Pundit FaceBook Pundit Gadget Pundit Garden Pundit Golf Pundit Google Pundit Gourmet Pundit Hand Proof HousePundit Human Migrations Idea Pundit Illyrian Language Indus Valley Script Infinity One : The Secret of the First Disk (the game) Jostandis Journal Pundit Kaulins Genealogy Blog Kaulinsium Kiel & Kieler Latvian Blog LawPundit.com Law Pundit Blog LexiLine.com LexiLine Group Lexiline Journal Library Pundit Lingwhizt LinkedIn Literary Pundit Magnifichess Make it Music Maps and Cartography Megalithic World Megaliths Blog) Megaliths.net Minoan Culture Mutatis Mutandis Nanotech Pundit Nostratic Languages Official Pundit Phaistos Disc Pharaonic Hieroglyphs Photo Blog of the World Pinterest Prehistoric Art Pundit Private Wealth Blog PunditMania Quanticalian Quick to Travel Quill Pundit Road Pundit Shelfari SlideShare (akaulins) Sport Pundit Star Pundit Stars Stones and Scholars (blog) Stars Stones and Scholars (book) Stonehenge Pundit The Enchanted Glass Twitter Pundit UbiquitousPundit Vision of Change VoicePundit WatchPundit Wine Pundit Word Pundit xistmz YahooPundit zistmz