Tuesday, October 18, 2011
If It Isn't Broken Don't Fix It: Legislatures Meddling Unnecessarily with the Judicial System Rather than Cleaning Up Their Own House(s)
People are trying to "fix" the U.S. Constitution when there is nothing wrong with it and they are meddling with the Judiciary where no meddling is needed.
The actual problem is found in the political extremists who are trying to turn the USA into a completely different country than what the nation's Founders intended, departing from a government and legal system that made the country great.
Andrew Cohen has the story at The Atlantic magazine in It's Time to Stop Bullying Judges.
Posted by Andis Kaulins at 10/18/2011 09:53:00 PM
Some readers do not understand why we post about sports on a law blog, but the fact is that our sports postings get twice as many hits as our law postings.
This is not unusual. Studies show that many men read the sports news FIRST and then turn to the other news of the day.
Mankind is a competitive being and sports are the healthiest outlets for this urge.
Indeed, if we could reduce man's battles to the sports arena and get rid of war, that would be a great leap forward.
If sports re-channel the battle instinct, then I also like to say that law is man's substitute for war. It is most certainly the much more civilized option.
Posted by Andis Kaulins at 10/18/2011 03:53:00 PM
Most Popular Posts All Time
- Samsung Digital Picture Frame 2006 is Clear Designer Prior Art to the Later "Design" of the iPhone and iPad
- How to Remove Disabled Greyed-Out Add-on Extensions in Firefox 4: e.g. the Microsoft .NET Framework Assistant (ClickOnce) Extension
- Legal Graphologists : A Query to You : What About the Christopher Marlowe - William Shakespeare - Controversy and The Signatures of These Two Authors? Are They By the Same Hand?
- PONG ! About that Ridiculously Granted Bounce-Back Scrolling Patent US 7469381 Which Is Anticipated by the Prior Art and Obviousness of the Old Atari Game of PONG
- Speaking of Mouse Trap Economics, What About that Yarn that Patents Stimulate Invention: Les Earnest Testifies Before the USPTO
- "The Adobe Flash plugin has crashed" in Mozilla Firefox - A Solution for this Vexing Problem
The ISandIS Network
Our Websites and Blogs: 3D Printing and More 99 is not 100 Aabecis AK Photo Blog Ancient Egypt Weblog Ancient Signs (the book) Ancient World Blog AndisKaulins.com Anthropomorphic Design Archaeology Travel Photos (blog) Archaeology Travel Photos (Flickr) Archaeo Pundit Arts Pundit Astrology and Birth Baltic Coachman Bible Pundit Biotechnology Pundit Book Pundit Chronology of the Ancient World Computer Pundit DVD Pundit Easter Island Script Echolat edu.edu Einstein’s Voice Energy Environment and Climate Blog Etruscan Bronze Liver of Piacenza EU Laws EU Legal EU Pundit FaceBook Pundit Gadget Pundit Garden Pundit Golf Pundit Google Pundit Gourmet Pundit Hand Proof HousePundit Human Migrations Idea Pundit Illyrian Language Indus Valley Script Infinity One : The Secret of the First Disk (the game) Jostandis Journal Pundit Kaulins Genealogy Blog Kaulinsium Kiel & Kieler Latvian Blog LawPundit.com Law Pundit Blog LexiLine.com LexiLine Group Lexiline Journal Library Pundit Lingwhizt LinkedIn Literary Pundit Magnifichess Make it Music Maps and Cartography Megalithic World Megaliths Blog) Megaliths.net Minoan Culture Mutatis Mutandis Nanotech Pundit Nostratic Languages Official Pundit Phaistos Disc Pharaonic Hieroglyphs Photo Blog of the World Pinterest Prehistoric Art Pundit Private Wealth Blog PunditMania Quanticalian Quick to Travel Quill Pundit Road Pundit Shelfari SlideShare (akaulins) Sport Pundit Star Pundit Stars Stones and Scholars (blog) Stars Stones and Scholars (book) Stonehenge Pundit The Enchanted Glass Twitter Pundit UbiquitousPundit Vision of Change VoicePundit WatchPundit Wine Pundit Word Pundit xistmz YahooPundit zistmz