Steve Pavlina has gone from being a man sitting in a jail cell to becoming a "growth-oriented" college graduate with a highly popular blog geared to Personal Development for Smart People.
Steve Pavlina's 30 Days to Success is his most popular posting:
"Here are some other ideas for applying 30-day trials:
- Give up TV. Tape all your favorite shows and save them until the end of the trial. My whole family did this once, and it was very enlightening.
- Give up online forums, especially if you feel you’re becoming forum addicted. This will help break the addiction and give you a clearer sense of how participation actually benefits you (if at all). You can always catch up at the end of 30 days.
- Shower/bathe/shave every day. I know YOU don’t need this one, so please pass it along to someone who does.
- Meet someone new every day. Start up a conversation with a stranger.
- Go out every evening. Go somewhere different each time, and do something fun — this will be a memorable month.
- Spend 30 minutes cleaning up and organizing your home or office every day. That’s 15 hours total.
- List something new to sell on ebay every day. Purge some of that clutter.
- Ask someone new out on a date every day. Unless your success rate is below 3%, you’ll get at least one new date, maybe even meet your future spouse.
- If you’re already in a relationship, give your partner a massage every day. Or offer to alternate who gives the massage each day, so that’s 15 massages each.
- Give up cigarettes, soda, junk food, coffee, or other unhealthy addictions.
- Become an early riser.
- Write in your journal every day.
- Call a different family member, friend, or business contact every day.
- Make 25 sales calls every day to solicit new business. Professional speaker Mike Ferry did this five days a week for two years, even on days when he was giving seminars. He credits this habit with helping build his business to over $10 million in annual sales. If you make 1300 sales calls a year, you’re going to get some decent business no matter how bad your sales skills are. You can generalize this habit to any kind of marketing work, like building new links to your web site.
- Write a new blog entry every day.
- Read for an hour a day on a subject that interests you.
- Meditate every day.
- Learn a new vocabulary word every day.
- Go for a long walk every day."
Best of StevePavlina.com30 Days to Success
How to Become an Early Riser
How to Discover Your Life Purpose in About 20 Minutes
Self-Acceptance vs. Personal Growth
10 Stupid Mistakes Made by the Newly Self-Employed
How to Get From a 7 to a 10
Cause-Effect vs. Intention-Manifestation
How Intentions Manifest
The Law of Attraction
The Meaning of Life (series)
How to Give Up Coffee
Motivation for Smart People
Levels of Consciousness
How to Make Money From Your Blog
10 Reasons You Should Never Get a Job
We are going to spend some time at his site and pick up some pointers. Take a look.
Steve Pavlina, Pavlina, success, personal development, lifestyle, self improvement, self development, self discipline, coaching.